DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications
66806038

my daughters ipod screen went white and wont shut down or do

my daughters ipod screen went white and wont shut down or do anything!
Category: Mac
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 2 years ago.
How old is the iPod?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

its just a couple months old

When you did the 2 finger reset you allowed the device to power down and when powering back up the display was still white correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it never powered down
Ok well if you held the 2 buttons for 10 seconds it should have powered down.

Next step would be to perform a back up and restore on your computer. Generally with white screens though it means the device needs replacement. Apple just exchanges the devices under warranty for that unless there is liquid or physical damage. We can try to perform a back up and restore before you make an appointment with them. Would you like for me to continue to guide you though that process?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i didnt purchase a warranty on the ipod when i bought it? what do i do now?

Well it comes with a one year warranty. Are you able to read me the serial number in the back bottom of the unit? Its in micro print lol I can look up the warranty status for you. If its not under warranty I can provide other service options.
Here is the link to check warranty status.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
c3tgp21xdtt75
Was this bought around christmas? Also I think you added one T extra in the serial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Ok here is your warranty status
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Did you want to try the 2 finger reset again and a restore before you set an appointment for the Apple Store? I will provide screen shots of what the restore process looks like if you wish
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, sure!
Ok I use a mac however iTunes looks EXACTLY the same. So try the 2 finger reset 1 more time while I write up the restore process for you

Press and hold the home and standby button (top one) until the device powers off.

Then turn back on.

Writing iTunes restore options now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it doesn't power off.
Ok so restore is last thing we can try.
1. Open iTunes and connect device
2. Choose the device name on the left side, it will then show the "Summary" screen
3. You should see restore in the middle of the screen, choose that. it will warn you that all your data will be erased. When the device is connected it does a back up automatically so your safe.
4. Allow it to go through the restore process if the display remains white it needs a warranty exchange
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience: 4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications