Tom
Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
15873684

Hi - I have an Iphone 3G - I recently downloading new software

Hi - I have an Iphone 3G - I recently downloading new software from ITunes, and now the phone does not hold the battery charge. I charged up last night and this morning the battery is a 24% (it has not been used overnight).

How can i get this fixed please
Jolanda Trost
Cabarita
Category: Mac
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for using justanswer.com

Do you mean an itunes update or other software? What software?

Did you charge by plugging it into the wall or the computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Itune had an update to the Iphone software which downloaded into my phone through my computer. the software was Iphone software.

I charged the phone using the USB on my computer - it is hooked up now to recharge.

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
First thing is to , Restart your iphone

The best thing to do would be to test it with the wall charger. Use the usb cable and plug it into the power outlet.

If it works with that charger then you know the iphone is fine.

If it does not work then unfortunately it is either the cable or battery.

USB charging:

Disconnect all devices from your computer except mouse and keyboard.

You can try a different usb port on your computer. Iphone will not charge if computer is asleep.
Do not use the keyboard to charge the phone.

Let me know if the wall outlet charging works

Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry but i think you misunderstood my query. the Iphone is charging up OK. however it is not holding the charge. the battery is draining very quickly with no usage. it was charged up last night and needs recharging again this morning. I have heard that Apple have had problems with upgrade software that causes the battery to drain quickly.

my phone was fine until this latest software 'upgrade'.

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
o ok gotcha. I'm going to opt out and see if another expert knows of a patch for the upgrade. You'll receive an email when another expert takes over.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you.