Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

My Iomega Minimax HDD is kaput, despite having run Disk Utility

My Iomega Minimax HDD is kaput, despite having run Disk Utility and Data Rescue utilities. Nothing recognises the drive (this will be the third HDD from Iomega I have had issues with - I shall buy Iomega no more). Trouble is, Iomega web site refuses to allow me to contact them, as they say the disk is out of warranty. However, I have an Apple Store receipt for the disk that says the warranty expires later this year (2012). I have not yet contacted Apple, but suspect they will try to send me back to Iomega (who...refuse to allow me contact). What to do?!
Welcome To JustAnswer!

My name isXXXXX am one of the Experts who will assist you today!

Iomega tech support, will charge you 25$ just to talk to them about replacing the drive.. So contacting them is no way to go, at least not the technical support number.

What you want to do, since you actually have a reciept showing the warranty date!! **which is your ace in the hole**

Is call this number.. ( they dont open till monday though)

you get a hold of Iomega customer service, explain to them that you have a receipt which shows you are still within warranty, but the online system denies you a free warranty repair saying your out of warranty.

They will put you in touch with the repairs / returns department of the tech support branch, and arrange for a free warranty repair or replacement...

if you run into any issues, let me know.. Personally, I understand your pain with Iomega drives. That arent exactly the most reliable ...

Good luck.