Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

Loaded photos onto ipad and accidentally deleted photos while

Loaded photos onto ipad and accidentally deleted photos while SD disc still attached to ipad - seems I have lost all photos from my son's graduation from Marine Boot Camp.
Anyway to retrieve photos from Ipad? Seems my disc is now empty also - I am sick!
Thanks for any help you can give.
Also hearing impaired and unable to use phone.
Help please.
Kim Pesha
Thank you for the question. Were the pictures deleted the same day they were taken? If not, you may want to check to see when the last backup was taken. You can do this by going to Settings -> iCloud -> Storage and Backup (at the bottom of the screen), then check to see if "iCloud Backup" is turned on. If it is, scroll down further and check the date/time of the "Last Backup" (under the Back Up Now button). If the backup is from a time that contained the photos, you can restore it. Otherwise, there is no way to recover if the photos were deleted.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

iCloud backup was not turned on. Does this mean that the iPad can delete all images from my disc because it was still plugged into the iPad? I didn't want the disc images deleted, only the ones on iPad.

No, not having iCloud backup is unrelated to the contents of the disc being deleted. If the photos on the disc were deleted however, there is no way to restore from a backup since the contents of the card was never backed up. Sorry the result is not what you were hoping in this case. As a last resort, you can try using card recovery software to see what contents can be recovered (if any). You can download a free trial here. I wish you luck!
As an additional attempt at recovery, one of our experts also suggested using iExplorer. Thanks again!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just wanted to let you know Card Recovery worked!!!! Got all my photos from my son's graduation from Marine Corps Boot Camp Graduation restored!!! Can't thank you enough!!!
Kim Pesha
Hi Kim,

I am truly very happy to hear that!! Thank you for sharing your success and for trusting us with your problem. Have a great night!

- Ben