Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I keep getting a message that says Cannot Get Mail the user

Customer Question

I keep getting a message that says Cannot Get Mail the user name or password XXXXX AOL is incorrect. I re-enter the info in Settings, although nothing had changed, but the message still pops up when I go to Mail.
This happens all the time now, and only occasionally does the mail update, sometimes 5 or 6 hours later, and after re-entering the settings info, dozens of times.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

Is this iPhone, iPad or iPod ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
iPhone4S
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
In your iPhone, goto Settings and tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars. In there, select your AOL account and then delete it. Then restart your iPhone and add it back. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried what you suggested, and re-entered all the info, but it stll pops up with the Cannot Get Mail message...no change!
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Have you tried resetting your AOL password ?