DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications
66806038

The other day I charged my computer and then removed the charger

Customer Question

The other day I charged my computer and then removed the charger and put the computer in sleep mode. The next day i went to turn on the computer and it would not turn on. I put the charger back in and it would only stay green for a few seconds, then turn orange. The computer would not turn on. The charger is now working- the battery was removed by the IT guy at my office and he said it is fine. The computer is still not turning on. Can you please help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 4 years ago.
What model computer do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MAC book. model A1342
Ok try this procedure.

Press Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time. Then let go all at the same time.

You may see your charger go from amber to green for a moment then try to power the machine on

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this did not work. please also note that the fan isnt working at all.
If the machine still does not power up make an appointment at the apple store. Its most likely your top case (keyboard) and may need replacement. Being that the charger is in fact changing to amber means its recognizing the battery and accepting a charge so a bad board is unlikely. Ask the genius to "Power Pad" it on. That will for sure determine a bad top case vs a board. Make sure you ask because some are lazy. If it does need replacement its fairly inexpensive. When I was working there is was a very common thing to see.
Appointments are at no cost to you also. You will only be charged by them if you decide to move forward with the repair