James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

this question is for james sr mac support expert: i keep

Customer Question

this question is for james sr mac support expert:

i keep getting a message that there is a problem with javascript whenever i visit email services like hotmail using the proxy amazoxy.info:
JavaScript required to sign in

Windows Live ID requires JavaScript to sign in. This web browser either does not support JavaScript, or scripts are being blocked.

To find out whether your browser supports JavaScript, or to allow scripts, see the browser's online help.

what do i do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 4 years ago.

James is offline. I can help you.

Do you use Safari?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, i use firefox.

id like to add that the proxies iwebproxy and 2btopproxy both dont even allow me to visit hotmail, they turn out this message:

Sorry, this proxy does not allow the requested site (hotmail.com) to be viewed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, i use firefox.

i would also like you to confirm an assertion from james himself: paying for a client based proxy like hotspot shield or anonymizer universal doesn't make using the proxy less anonymous to police investigation and neither does the fact that its locally installed (as opposed to web-based which is not locally installed)
Sorry, I'm not sure about this issue, let me open your question to other experts. Thank you.
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.

Try to use Internet Explorer and tell me if it works please.

Also -in the future, when you open new threads and want me - make the beginning of the questions: "FOR JAMES ONLY! "

And use this link to request me (save it in your favorites)

http://bit.ly/JamesJustAnswer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wait, i first have to download internet explorer!
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
You can also try it with Chrome (www.google.com/chrome).

J.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i just went to hotmail using chrome and amazoxy and i got this message, (the same message):
JavaScript required to sign in

Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

This basically means the proxy doesn't properly transmit and receive the calls made by javascript - you won't be able to use those websites with those proxies.

A tunnel-type client such as Anoni-universal should work, though.
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
You can remove the checkbox "remove scripts" under the address in amazoproxy - though I think it won't help in this case.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just so you know, when i go to aol.com using amazoxy.com on chrome and then go to mail section of aol.com, i get this message:
Whoops... Sign-in to this site requires JavaScript. You are either using a browser that does not support JavaScript or has JavaScript disabled. For more information, please visit our Help article.

do you know of any web-based proxies that CAN access email like hotmail and aol mail?, because id like to use two proxies together (hotspot and a web-based proxy for added anonymity).
Should i try downloading internet explorer to see if it makes a difference, because it doesn't seem like it should be something wrong with the proxy, it seems like its a complex javascript problem!
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
IE won't make a difference.
I don't think any proxy will work with that - but let me do some research.
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
I'm not finding any anonimizers that will work with hotmail - only software ones (client installed on your PC).

I did find an email server that combines an anonimizer, it might be of interest:

https://www.anonymousspeech.com/Default.aspx

J.
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.

I spent a couple of days testing Hotspot shield as we agreed. I couldn't re-create the symptoms you describe, but I now know that the yellow icon means the service is conencting, or re-establishing the VPN tunnel. While it is doing so, your browser is not communicating theorugh the hotspot server, but rather is going out directly, so you are not protected.

Thanks,

J.