DaniBigApple
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience:  4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications

Is there a simple, and legal, way to record and replay streaming

Is there a simple, and legal, way to record and replay streaming video on my Mac? For example, past episodes of a regular TV program that the network offers on their website or from another service that offers the same option.
Category: Mac
Expert:  DaniBigApple replied 2 years ago.
Well the only guranteed legal way is though iTunes or another service that prints the terms and conditions.There are websites that will "rip" the video for you such a keepvid.com what you choose to do is at your own risk. Please remember you IP addres is usually recorded which is how they find the people that violate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I do that? Is there a fee? I'm not a computer geek and would need very specific instructions if it's not very simple to do.
What website are you viewing these videos from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The Fox TV website for the series "Touch." 3 past episodes are available for viewing, not downloaded.
Ok Im looking into the options we have at the moment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dani, I can only be at the computer for the next 15 minutes or so. Can we pick this up in the morning if necessary?
Yes thats fine it will give me time to do more research.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do we connect tomorrow?
I am EST what time would you need me to be signed on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 10:30 EST, say.
Yea thats fine I will be up early in the am just respond to this thread and Ill get an update for it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, have a nice evening.
Thanks! See you tomorrow :D
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning, Dani. Any results from your research? Bernard.
I have been successful on most websites , however the fox side is very difficult so far
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How is it done on the other sites besides Fox?
If you use a mac there are many tools you can download to extract video. MPEG stream clip is a popular one. We used this tool often to convert video. It also has a feature to "Open URL" and download videos. And keepvid.com However as you know if you dont own the copyright to these videos you are violating the terms and conditions. Its up to you on what you would like to do, but the answer is YES it is possible
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. I guess we'll just leave it at that. My objective was to be able to watch the episode and skip over the huge number of irritating commercials. By the way, is DaniBigApple your real name? It sounds like native american name.
Danielle is. I live in NYC and work on macs for Google so I thought the name was clever. If you feel I have answered your question please hit accept :D
DaniBigApple, Mac Genius
Experience: 4+Years Apple Genius Experience Trainer in Apple core applications