Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

Customer Question

I have numerous photos with the wrong date on them. I am trying to use the change date feature in iPhoto but it just changes the dates to a worst date. some are as dated as the 1600s. How can i fix this so i can organize my 26 gigs of photos?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 4 years ago.

Hello there! Sounds like iphotos prefrences are messed up. Do the following to remove the prefrences file and that should fix the time issue.

close iphoto.

Go to your mac hd icon then mac hd then users followed by your user. Then to library and finally to prefrences. Look for this file file. Then move it to the desktop.Restart and open iphoto.

(On 10.7: Hold the option (or alt) key while clicking on the Go menu in Finder to access the User Library)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
while individual changes to photos would not work....batch changes would without having to go through the procedures you described. Thanks anyway.