Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience:  Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

Have an Apple 3G I Phone - I want to delete albums that are

Have an Apple 3G I Phone - I want to delete albums that are on the camera. How do I go about doing this? Unable to find a tutorial explaining the steps.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Connect your iPhone to your computer. Open iTunes. Click on the iPhone icon in the left column of iTunes.

Go to the Photos tab.

Tell me what all is selected on this screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All folders
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
Change this to Selected folders and only check the Albums that you want to have on your iPhone.

After you have checked the folders you want to keep, click Sync/Apply in the bottom right corner. Allow your iPhone to sync.

This should remove the unwanted albums from your iPhone.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That did not pull up the albums on the I-Phone only my photo folders I have saved on my computer. This use to be my sisters phone and I want to delete her pictures.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
Ahhh... You have to do it from the computer it was synced too..

The only way to delete them is to either do the procedure above on her computer or clear all the settings on your iPhone (Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Last ? If I go to settings and erase all, then that will also erase my pictures I have taken - correct.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
That is correct, but you can transfer the photos before you do so.

Connect your iPhone to your computer.

Open My Computer (or Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer)

You should see a new "device" called Apple iPhone. Double click this item.

You should see a folder called DCIM. Double click this folder.

You will then see another folder labeled with numbers and letters, double click this folder.

You may have another folder, double click this folder.

From there, you can highlight, right click, copy, and then go to your desktop, right click and paste, to move the photos to your computer.
Mr. Clark, Mac Genius
Experience: Mac/iOS Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree