Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

my ipod wont turn on i tried to put it in dcu mode and now

my ipod wont turn on i tried to put it in dcu mode and now it wont turn on
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

You can reset your iPod and see if that works or not. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds. iPod will automatically restarts and return to home screen. If it not restarts after holding the button for 10 seconds, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button until it get turns off and restart itself.

Let me know if that didn't worked...Only click Accept after it worked.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i put it in dcu mode
Its DFU Mode, not DCU mode. Put your iPod to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPod to DFU Mode;
  • Connect the iPod to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPod Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPod will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem.

Best Regards,