CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified

I am not getting all my emails on my iphone anymore. I will

Customer Question

I am not getting all my emails on my iphone anymore. I will get some on the iphone but not all, then a day later they might show up. Example, I received emails on my iphone emails at 7:00 this morning, then a few more this afternoon, but I didn't get the emails inbetween. I can see those emails on my Outlook or on the server account. This did not used to be an issue. I would hear my phone and my Outlook ding around the same time showing new mail. Someone please help! This is a big problem when I am not in the office.
Category: Mac
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

CompExpert :

hi,
did you do an software update on your iphone?

CompExpert :

try this

CompExpert :

hold both power and home button for 10 seconds

CompExpert :

to reboot your iphone

CompExpert :

then go into setting ---->>>> mail, contact and calendar

CompExpert :

removed your email account

CompExpert :

and reinstall it

CompExpert :

and see if that help your problem

Customer :

I did update software this morning, but this problem was before that. I did setup an icloud account because I just bought an ipad.

Customer :

This did not fix it. I did a software update today, but the problem was before that. One thing that is new is that I setup an Icloud account, because I just bought an ipad

CompExpert :

you might want to remove that email account on your iphone

CompExpert :

and reinstall it

CompExpert :

see if that fix it

Customer :

I already did that. It didn't fix it. I have received 26 emails into my server account. Only about 8 or 9 of those have been received on my iphone. Some are from this morning and some this afternoon.

CompExpert :

•Attach the phone to the pc
•Turn the phone off
•Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
•Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
•Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
•At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

CompExpert :

best option is to restore your iphone

CompExpert :

seem like your mail software corrupted

CompExpert :

after you finished all those steps, open itunes and click yes when they asked if you want to restore

CompExpert :

let me know if you still have problem after restored it

Customer :

I have never plugged my phone into my pc

CompExpert :

oh

CompExpert :

that mean you never back up your data with itunes

CompExpert :

so you never sync your iphone with itunes?

CompExpert :

doing a restore will erased all data on your iphone

CompExpert :

I dont think you want to do that since you never back up with itunes

CompExpert :

do you have anything important data on your iphone you want to keep?