Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My iphone4 will not pick up the home WiFi network. My ipad

Customer Question

My iphone4 will not pick up the home WiFi network. My ipad and my wifes iphone4 are. I have restarted the phone several times. I went to General settings and reset the network to factory settings
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Try a Restore in iTunes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm giving it a try

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When it was loading the new software, internet explorer timed out. This has happened before and I was told to reset explorer to original settings. Trying again.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
What does Internet Exlporer have to do with it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It reloaded and is now restoring. It still did not join my network. The iphone has a window come up that says "unable to join network", now what?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Go to Settings / WiFi, select the arrow to the right of your netowrk and go to Forget This Network then try joining again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not getting the option to "forget network"
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
At the top of the screen shows the ip address. It is blank
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Is it set to DHCP?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
And above that you don't see Forget this network?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I do remember it being there. When you asked me to "forget" the network I knew what you were talking about. Now nothing.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Try again until you see it and select it then try connecting to the network again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been. Not showing up. I turned the phone off and on as well
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok sorry then I am out of ideas. I'll opt out.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for trying. I've set up an appointment at the local Apple store
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok let me know, thanks.