Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products

Secure link to iTunes store failed. Running Microsoft XP Professional

Secure link to iTunes store failed. Running Microsoft XP Professional SP3 and Trend Micro security

Is that the error message you get when you try to open itunes store in the computer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, I get the answer when I run diagnostics within iTunes. iTunes as a whole is not connecting to anything. Cannot even check for updates. Yesterday, I downloaded the latest version of iTunes and this started happening. Before this latest download, I could check for updates and diagnostics was fine but could not access the iTunes store. Now, all of it is dead.

Thank you. I need one more information from you.

When you open itunes and click on "itunes store", is it a blank white screen that you get?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes with the exception of the words iTunes Store in the middle.
Let's try this

Close the itunes.

If you are using windows xp, click on your start menu, then on "all programs", go to accessories, click on "command prompt". Once it opens, type in the following command...

netsh winsock reset

and hit enter key.

If it prompts you to restart the computer, restart it.

Now open itunes and try to connect.

Let me know whether this helps
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That got it. Thank you so much. Can you explain to me what this did as I have been able to do anything for 6 months much less sync my iPhone. Apple support kept pointing me to my firewall and security software.

Thank you very much for help!

Great to know that the issue is resolved...:)

Unfortunately, I am also not sure what the reason is. But many customers were having the exact issue after updating the itunes.

The troubleshooting which we did has solved the issue for almost everyone..