John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry

I forgot my iCloud password.

I forgot my Apple iCloud password. How do I find it  and how do I reset my Apple iCloud pass word and change it?

Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 years ago.

An iCloud user name and pass word is the same as any other Apple ID account and can be modified in much the same way.

You should be able to reset your pass word at the site:

* IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Forgot your Apple ID?". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID).

If you know you ID and have successfully reset your pass word and still can not log in, you may have another issue.

Try signing in to the following site and see if the account is at least still active (Choose "Manage your Account"):

In the case that no sign in is possible after doing all the above, you will have to contact Apple via their Express Lane customer service feature to ask them to investigate the reason for your disabled account:

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form where Apple promises to respond within 24 hours.