Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

My MacBook is frozen.The cursor is frozen and I am unable to

Customer Question

My MacBook is frozen.The cursor is frozen and I am unable to log in. Any suggestions please.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hold the power button for about 10 seconds, then let me know
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike I had already tried that. Did again and no success
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
You mean with the battery out and the power disconnected it is still on??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I have previously tried taking the battery out. Have now replaced and tried turning off for 10 seconds but no help.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If you take the battery out and unplug from power it has no power how can it still be on?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike can you be more specific. My laptop has has battery pack removed and replaced, which has made no difference. I have tried all the basic obvious solutions before contacting you. I am not sure what you are saying.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
If you take the battery out and also unplug from power how can it be on... there is no power source?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is it you are advising me to do? Please spell out in simple steps.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Take out the battery and unlpug the charger from the ac power....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This is a laptop, there is no charger. I have already tried taking out the battery. We seem to be talking at cross purposes here. Please spell out steps to take.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
ALL laptops have a charger.... what do you mean? How do you think the battery keeps going? The thing that plugs into the wall, hello?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The laptop is not connected to the charger. I have told you that I have already removed the battery. This seems to be going nowhere.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
So you are telling me th computer is still on with no power source at all. It must be a magic laptop. I'll opt out.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 5 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is Nick and I will assist you with your issues.

Please hold power button for 5-7 seconds to shut down your laptop. Then press power button to boot it on. Hold SHIFT key immediately and release when you see he spinning wheel. You are booting in safemode. Now see if the mouse will work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello Nick,

firstly I am extremely dissatisfied with information offered by Mike. He is rude. Ho pefully we can get this sorted out quickly or I will take the laptop to Apple.

I have tried what y ou suggested but no luck so far.
Thanks
Expert:  Nick H. replied 5 years ago.
Please shut it down again. Then locate Option Apple (command) P and R keys. Now turn on he laptop and hold those keys until it chimes and restart. Then release them when you hear another chime.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry Nick, this is not working. I tried what you said but did not get a second chime. Screen has locked cursor and is asking for password to log in which is what it has been all along.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your respond. Seems like hardware issue. You might want to bring it to apple store and have genius techs take a look at your Macbook. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you Nick for your efforts. I will take it to Apple store.Your service was fine the first fellow rude and patronizing. As this problem has not bee able to be solved can you please tell me how to re aim my credit.
Thanks