Tom, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years experience as a Mac administrator for a college

My music it doesnt play on my iPhone but the music plays in

My music it doesn't play on my iPhone but the music plays in iTunes. I have tried erasing all music from my library and putting it all back on but i had no luck.
Hello and thanks for using

Apple has a few steps for you to try if you are having audio issues with your iphone. Pleas check the below website and see if this helps. If it does not help. Please let me know and I'll post addional information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the issue does not have to deal with the speakers.
when i open the music asp on my phone all the music it there but when i click on a song the music does not start playing. it just goes to the next song or it just stays on the selected song and the bar that shows the play time just stays at 0. when i tether my phone to the computer and select my phone in iTunes and select the music stored on my phone and try to play music from here a gray(!) appears which indicates that the music could not be located on my computer. But when i select my music library in iTunes and play music from there, there is no gray (!) and the music plays fine.
O ok. I see now. Please plug in your iphone to your computer to make sure it is fully backed up. Then restore the iphone by using the directions below
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is there any other option other than restore. That was my last resort.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other. the answer was just a hard restore which doesn't take an expert to tell me that that will fix the problem. I used to be able to sync new music to the phone so there must be some setting change that is needed not a hard reset. I have also just tried to convert all my music to ACC format but still no luck. I have also tried
  1. Connect the device using iTunes, and UN-check everything in the "Music" section.
  2. Sync the device with iTunes. This will remove all music from the device.
  3. RE-check any (or all) items you want to sync in the "Music" section.
  4. Sync the device with iTunes again.
  5. still no luck
  6. Cry
I ran into this problem also and a restore fixed it whhich is why I suggested it. Ill opt out another expert will take over
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the hard restore worked. Thank you. I wonder what the problem was though. Thanks for your help.