Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

All the event in my calendar on my IPad 2 just disappeared.

Customer Question

All the event in my calendar on my IPad 2 just disappeared. How can I restotre them?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

NickMacIT :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Have you sync with iTunes on a PC or Mac recently?

NickMacIT :

and your calendar was synced from an email account or Outlook or other?

Customer: When I bring up iTunes on my PC it says that my last backup was a month ago.
NickMacIT :

and your calendar was from your Outlook or an email account?

NickMacIT :

are you there?

Customer: Yes, I am still here. My calendar was just on my iPad. It was not synced with my email account or with Outlook.
NickMacIT :

and it happened today?

Customer: Yes. Less than an hour ago. I opened my calendar on mi iPad and everything was there. After a few seconds, all of my entries disappeared.
NickMacIT :

Please try to reset your ipad

NickMacIT :

HOLD the power (on/off) button and the home (center bottom) for 12-15 seconds

NickMacIT :

ignore the turn off message

NickMacIT :

and release them when you see the apple logo appears

NickMacIT :

Please reset your ipad as follow

NickMacIT :

HOLD the power (on/off) button and the home (center bottom) for 12-15 seconds.

ignore the turn off message and release them when you see the apple logo appears

Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Did the reset correct the issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nick, my calendar is still blank. Do you have any other suggestions?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Please go to your calendar. Try to create a new event. Save that event and go back out. Then go into Calendar again to see if the other events come back.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
I am out of ideas. Let me opt out and re-open this question to all experts. Someone might have an answer for you.
Expert:  mikehurckes10 replied 2 years ago.
Your calendar is gone sorry
please accept my answer so i can be paid for my time if you don't accept i don't get paid anything and if i did a good job give a bonus as i don't do this as a Hobby if you have anymore questions let me know
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Please try to restore from Backup. At least you have something to work it.

As for calendar, what email do you use? I can assist you with syncing your email calendar with ipad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I restore my calendar from the iTunes backup? I could not find any information on this. Where would I find instructions on restoring data from iTunes on a PC to an iPad?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
If you connect your ipad to computer and open iTunes, you will see your ipad on the left hand side under Devices. RIGHT CLICK on the ipad and select Restore from Backup. Select the date and click Restore.

Here is a video to show you how to restore from backup.

How to Restore your Ipod/Iphone/Ipad from Backup

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only backup listed is the one from this afternoon. The video showed multiple backup. Is my calendar toast?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid that you will have to re-enter your events. Do you have an email with calendar like Gmail or Hotmail or Yahoo?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
If you don't have an gmail account, you can go to gmail.com and create an email account. Then follow this video to sync your gmail calendar with gmail.

How to sync your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch with Gmail,

Nick H., Mac Specialist