Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

Ive never registered my past computers, (all of which were

I've never registered my past computers, (all of which were used), and as they crapped out, my local computer retailer would sell me a new (used one). now I can't use my itune and I'm in big trouble. I'm a musician and I use itunes for rehearsal. I con't know what to do do, I've called my computer business and they"ve just recyled the last computer I traded in. (the mother board crapped out) Please help! I've bought music from itunes for years and if I lose my ability to access my library, I'm through. What should I do?

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist:
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Can you please tell me what is the issue with iTunes? Any error message? If so, what is it?

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was notified that I exceeded my five computer registration limit. Huh? I never read the fine print, and I never registered any computesr. i-tunes dissabled my ipod and won't let me play any of the songs in my library that I purchased from itunes.
I understand. Even if you change the motherboard/harddrive of the computer, that will be considered as a different computer by itunes.

Don't worry. You can deauthorize all the computers associated with your account and authorize just the ones you need.

Open itunes in the computer. Click on "itunes store" to the left.

Now you will find the itunes store website pop up to the middle of the screen. You will see your email address listed to the top right corner of that website. If you are not signed in, you will see a sign in button instead. Just sign in if you are not signed in.

now click on that email address, enter your password XXXXX click on "view account". Once you are in your account, you can find a button called "Deauthorize all".

Now click on done at the bottom and check whether your issue is resolved.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can I see if it works first?
of course, take your time...
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so far, so good, will my new (used computer) now be the default authorized user? I haven't done anything to establish that
If it is not the computer that you are on now, then it would be deauthorized.

To authorize it, on that computer, open itunes. click on store menu at the top (where it shows file, edit, view, controls etc). Click on store > authorize computer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
everything is back to normal. I'm satisfied, buyt I hate apple itunes. unfortunately, it's the best music manager I've found.
Good to know that your issue is resolved and you are satisfied...:)

Unfortunately, I am just an expert in Apple products. So I am not able to recommend any other good music managers.