Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

My wife and I each have an itunes account. Hers is on her Macbook

My wife and I each have an itunes account. Hers is on her Macbook pro and mine is on a PC, ipad and iphone. My account has much more content then hers. I'd like to merge the accounts into one. I''d like to start with her Mac. What are the steps to do this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. You can authorize itunes on your computer to play content from your wife's account ("iTunes -> Store -> Authorize Account") as well as your own.

And you can do the same for itunes on your wife's computer. This will allow you to play both you and your wife's content on both of your computers. However, this way you will have to duplicate the content on both computers.

Also you can use Home sharing. It will allow you to see each other's libraries over your home network, and "drag apps from your wife's onto yours and vice versa. I found some help setting this up here.

Regards

Jins

Please ACCEPT My Solution If It Helped ..

POSITIVE Feedback And A BONUS Are Always Appreciated ..

PLEASE CONTACT ME BEFORE LEAVING A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
don't think that's a perfect solution. My wife has very little content. What if wanted to just delete her account on her macbook pro and install my account on it. her machine is the only device that has her account on it. all of our other devices have my account on it. How do I do that?
You can't merge two apple ids into one. I think Authorizing accounts as I mentioned before is the only thing you can do. Following is the message from apple about accounts merging.

Apple IDs cannot be merged. You should use your preferred Apple ID from now on, but you can still access your purchased items such as music, movies, or software using your other Apple IDs.

If you are wondering how using multiple Apple IDs relate to iCloud, see Apple IDs and iCloud.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I DELETE her account and install mine? I dont care if I lose all of her content.
You can access your ACCOUNT from your wife's system also, but not your LIBRARY.

The songs you have on your computer will not be on your wife's computer unless you take the songs from your computer and put them into wife's iTunes. Because those music files are saved on your local system and not online.

You can't delete an iTunes account yourself. you must contact itunes and ask them to "disable" the account. however, by disabling it, you won't be able to access your downloads. save all your downloads onto a disc before disabling/cancelling an itunes account. http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/cont…

Contact Apple customer service by sending an email through the Contact Us link at the bottom of the Apple.com iTunes support page. Let them know you want to cancel an iTunes account and they'll contact you for further information.

Regards

Jins