Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

i need to make an appointment for help with internet access.

Customer Question

i need to make an appointment for help with internet access. i am on another computer to make this contact.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You don't need an appt what is the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Other computers in the house can connect to our wireles. The Apple was, but stopped two days ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Apple computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes. i am getting frustrated. to talk to you i have to be on a non-apple.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No what Apple device are you referring to is my question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
computer
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok.

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

osx, 2.4 ghz intel core 2 duo, 2gb 800 mhz ddr2 sdram

cant find hd on desk top.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
What version of OS X?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10.6.8
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
It looks like this:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Still need help?