Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

RA - REC

Customer Question

My iTouch won't stop restarting itself whenever I press the Home and Hold buttons. It will show "Slide to Power Off" or "Cancel." Doesn't matter which one I pick, it restarts anyway. Also, when it restarts three or four times, it goes into "Connect to iTunes" mode and won't DO anything. So I'm forced to restore it many, many times and sync everything back onto it, only to restore it again later because it's inevitable pressing the Home and Hold buttons. It's irritating. What's wrong with it and how can I fix it?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

NickMacIT :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

NickMacIT :

When did you get this issue?

Customer :

Well, the thing is... the itouch was water damaged. and it wouldn't turn on. This was maybe TWO years ago.

Customer :

But I just always kept it around, and so one day- today, I decided to try charging it. It worked.

Customer :

everything works fine, it's just that it restarts whenever the home or hold button is pressed.

NickMacIT :

Thanks for your info.

NickMacIT :

Most of the times water damaged devices will have issue with buttons

NickMacIT :

because the circuits on the board got shorted.

Customer :

Okay, I see.

NickMacIT :

You have to change the flex cables for power and home cable.

NickMacIT :

That would fix the issue. Or might not. It could be the logic board on the itouch.

NickMacIT :

But changing the flex cables is cheaper choice at first.

Customer :

Okay, about how much would that cost, to change?

NickMacIT :

It will cost about $60-$100 depends on if you go to a local phone/computer repair or apple store.

Customer :

Hmm, okay. And what if it's the logic board?

NickMacIT :

$150 or more