mikehurckes10, Mac Genius
Experience:  Im am a expert with all things mac

Every time I try to get on to the Internet (through safari)

Customer Question

Every time I try to get on to the Internet (through safari) on my iPad there is a gray "screen" over The page and it is "locked". This doesn't happen with our iPods or on the desktop
Category: Mac
Expert:  mikehurckes10 replied 4 years ago.

mikehurckes10 :

Try clearing Safari's cache : Settings > Safari > Clear Cache (and Clear History)

If that doesn't work then try closing Safari completely and then re-open it : from the home screen (i.e. not with Safari 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Safari app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

A third option is a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

If i was helpful please accept my answer so i can be paid for my time if you don't accept i don't get paid anything and if i did a good job give a bonus as i don't do this as a Hobby if you have anymore questions let me know