Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

RA kir

Customer Question

unable to connect with itunes and cannot connect to my wifi
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Were you ever able to connect to your own WiFi?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Can you connect to your WiFi with any other device? Do you know the network name and password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes my network name is XXXXX XXXXX and its connected to my laptop and decktop. i have a password
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok what happens when you go to Settings /WiFi and select your network and put in the password?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
unable to join the network dparti. thats my network
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hold the Sleep and Menu buttons together until you see the Apple Logo. Then try again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did not work, have the same response
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure you have the right password? If so go to Settings then Wifi select the arrow to the right of your network and go to Forget this Network then try connecting again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i have the right password, i dont see any..."forget this network" on the ipad. but at the bottom the HTTP Proxy shows in blue of
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You don't see this?

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no there is no red box with that message, and to the left of that, the wi-fi icon shows Not Connected
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
It is not red that is just to point it out, do you see it or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i see the screen . yes

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Then please select it as I suggested and then try connecting again?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is nothing on the screen that says .... forget this network!!!!!!!

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You said there was no red box sorry. Go to Start on the PC to Apple Software Update, then plug the iPad into your PC and open iTunes select it on the left under devices and click on Restore on the right under Summary.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing is working is there anyone i can talk with on the phone
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No sorry, what do you mean, can you clarify? "Nothing working" doesn’t tell me much. Did you run Apple Sofware Update, please tell me what you did and what happened.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will do it again, the apple software up date,
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ok what about the Restore? I need more info to help you, thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my pc id running very slow, this will jprobably take a long while
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No problem let me know, may be time to upgrade to a Mac. LOL
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
looks like it. i am doing this on my lap top now, just waighting on installing updates and will connect to itunes and hit restore.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still running update files for apple softwear
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No problem just let me know after
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will do. thanks
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
k
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i am still working on it, thanks for your paitence
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
No worries.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, so itunes is all caught up, thankfully!!! now i dont see what your saying. the ipad is plugged in and i dont see anything on the left under devices. i dont see devices at all unfortunatly
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Is the iPad plugged in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
And with iTunes open you see no Devices in the left column?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi i am still here, did you give up on me. i need help, can you sudgest some other service, what we are doing does not seem to be working

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
You did not answer my question how a I supposed to help you?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
With iTunes open you see no Devices in the left column?