Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am not able to access my email, which is mobile me. I have

I am not able to access my email, which is mobile me. I have downloaded and switched to icloud, however, the only way to access icloud is to go to the internet What's happening is when I click on mail, mobile me is asking for my password, which now does not recognize. My settings seem to be correct. Also, my account is offline, so I click to take account online, which prompts for password. I have consulted "connection doctor" and it states it cannot connect to server and asks that I contact my ISP provider. It's one vicious cycle. It also appears that I have lost all my emails and folders. I don't know what happened, but if there is a way to restore my mobile me on my mac, it would be wonderful. Do I need to download the operating upgrade Lion for it to work? My mac is little over a year old and the newer version.

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, I'm dumb, I am at work on my windows PC and should be in front of my mac, right? I did check the other day and I think it's the 10.4, does that sound right? sorry!
You can't use iCloud on your Mac unless your are using Lion. 10.7
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
do I need to upgrade to Lion 10.7? Does this have anything to do with not being able to send or receive emails on Mobile Me?
Yes you don't have the iCloud control panel until you upgrade to Lion. Is it an Intel Mac?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, it's not an intel mac

Then you can’t even do that sorry Lion is ONLY for Intel Macs. May be time to upgrade.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Really? I bought this in June 2010 and I don't recall if it's an intel processor, but I will check. So, if it's intel, I am able to upgrade and if it's not, I'm not able to upgrade to Lion, correct?
Yes basically. You should have at least 2 GB of RAM, to run Lion, if it is an Intel Mac but that can be installed.
Thanks. You can't go straight to Lion you need to upgrade to 10.6 first if you are at 10.4.