James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience:  Mac Expert
24111805

Hi,I use Mac OS X 10.6.8. I use Final CUt Pro and recently

Hi, I use Mac OS X 10.6.8. I use Final CUt Pro and recently downloaded a trial plug in from Neyrinck : Soundcode for Dolby E. Now everytime i open final cut pro that plug in starts to load up at the same time and you have to press authorize or quit. I have been pressing quit BUT now that the trial period is over its screwing everything up. I press quit, it closes then comes up again, then when I quit the second time (all during opening final cut) final cut crashes and says its due to the plug in. I have tried to delete everything associated with it. And i even try to follow the path it shows me that its in...but i can't really get to it. I'm desperate! I have a few hours to finish a job and i cant open final cut :(
I would have though i could follow a path like this.....but in application support Neyrinck doesnt exist. Thats my problem...I need to find it...to delete...but I have deleted everything i could find of it.
Library/Application Support/Neyrinck/Plug-ins/Edit
Ali
Category: Mac
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Close Final Cut Pro.
Go to Finder.
Click Go-->Go to folder (or use finder to go there)

Go to:
~/Library/Preferences/
  1. Drag the file named "com.apple.FinalCutPro.plist" to the Trash
  2. Double-click the folder named "Final Cut Pro User Data".
  3. Drag the file named "Final Cut Pro 4.0 Preferences" to the Trash
  4. Drag the file named "Final Cut Pro POA Cache" to the Trash

Now run Final Cut Pro again.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Drag the file named "Final Cut Pro 4.0 Preferences" to the Trash
Drag the file named "Final Cut Pro POA Cache" to the Trash

I dont have those 2

I have: Final Cut Pro obj cache + final cut pro prof cache

delete them?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Yes please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Damn

No luck. It asked me for all my setting again so i though it might be working but then crashes again.

It says this is the path /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins/SoundCode Dolby E.bundle/Contents/MacOS/SoundCode

But there is no final cut pro system support?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Ok - let's get more agressive.
Close the program.

1. In the Finder, go to ~/Library/Preferences
  2. Remove the "com.apple.finalcutpro.plist" file from the Preferences folder.
  3. Remove the "Final Cut Pro User Data" folder from the Preferences folder.

Then, remove and re-install the program:

1. Open the Applications folder.
  2. Drag the Final Cut Pro application to the Trash.
  3. Go to /Library/Receipts.
  4. In the Receipts folder, select the "FinalCutPro.pkg" file.
  5. Choose View > as List to view the contents in a list.
  6. Click the Date Modified column header so you can easily see all of the receipts that were installed at the same time as Final Cut Pro.
  7. Drag the FinalCutPro.pkg receipt to the Trash, as well as any other items that have the same modification date within 3 minutes of the FinalCutPro.pkg's modification date.
  8. Click the Name column header to sort the list alphabetically.
  9. Drag any other receipts whose names begin with "Final Cut Pro" to the Trash.
  10. Insert your Final Cut Pro installation disc and install Final Cut Pro.
  11. When finished, use Software Update (under the Apple menu) to update your software to the latest version.

J.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hey James

Thanks for helping out. There has to be another way to get of this little plug in?
I don't have my discs on me. I've moved out so they are back at home. And that is going to take me lots of time. That is my last option but it won't serve me at this time as I dont have the discs with me here and that takes too long. Its a bit too extreme. I'm sure we can get rid of this plug in someway.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
The plugin is mentioned in the pref files.. so do only this:

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Far out...still Neyrinck tries to load. It's rediculous isnt it. They are a legit company totally screwing my program. It's still present somewhere....
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
3 other places to look:

1. /Library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro System Support/Plugins
2. (user directory)/Library/Preferences/Final Cut Pro User Data/Plugins
3. /Library/Plugins/FxPlug

See if you can find it there, and trash it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For some reason I don't have Plug ins in Library or in final cut pro support.

I found something called authorizations folder in preferences and and it belonged to them. I trashed that and final cut gets a bit further now. BUT then says fatal error. Neyrinck can't load

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
There is no Library / Application Support / Final Cut Pro System Support

?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When i go to that folder.....there is only a Motion folder in there...and a Dvd studio pro folder
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
What's in Library / Application Support / ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Motion
DVD Studio Pro
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Seems this plugin doesn't operate in the usual way - it must have replaced a binary or library. I can't thing of any other way than to uninstall/re-install.

J.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This Authorization folder keeps popping back up. And when i delete it from trash it says its in USE. But everything is closed. What would be using it still?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
A system process - but that's not the folder we're after.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
We are still unable to find out the issue. Re-install was my option. I could have done that myself
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
FYI, another Mac expert reviewed the issue and our thread, and also determined the only course of action is to re-install the software.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
FYI, I was in the wrong 'Library'. I had to access it directly from the Hard drive...not from the user. I have deleted more stuff and now it works. I will pay you for your time and accept the answer. But at the end of the day it was the super slow Neyrinck support that got back to me finally to make sure I am in the right 'Library'. Re-install isn't the answer to everything. I shouldn't have to pay 70 bux to get told that. Either way...thx for ur time champ. Take Care.
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I understand - and thank you!

J.
James, Sr. Mac Support Expert
Experience: Mac Expert