Daniel, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple certified on desktop and portable, help desk qualified. Have owned and used Macs since 1989.
19098653

I have some favorites at the top of my screen. About a year

I have some favorites at the top of my screen. About a year or longer ago the same thing happened. I clicked on "Capital One" at the top of my screen, and "Idiot's Delight free cell" popped up. It's less of a problem than that appearing on the Safari page, but it's annoying.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

Are you talking about the menubar?graphic
Looks kind of like that?

Which version of OS X do you have? Look in the Apple menu in 'About this Mac'.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Forget it. Sorry for the question. I thought the last response from JustAnswer said it was free, no $38 charge. It's not that much of a problem. Thanks anyway.
I have no idea what kind of contract you have, this may help you find out.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On my screen there are a number of sites just below the http://www address line. One is "capitalone.com" and once upon a time, I think, it got me to that site. But for some time (this might have to do with my addiction) it got me to "idiots delight freecell" which happens also to be one of my bookmarks.
I take it that the contract issue was resolved?

You can simply drag unwanted bookmarks from the row and they will just go poof and be no more.
To put one into that bar first get to the site you wish to include by using Google.
Then in the menu bar at the top of the screen click Bookmarks, from that drop down menu select Add Bookmark.
graphic
Or press Command+D,
It will show you this.
graphic
As you see it has this question URL in the box, you can name it anything you like and select anywhere you want to place it. I have the bookmarks bar selected which is what you inquired about.

Sometimes they get crazed, best to drag them out and replace them with new ones.
Does that help?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where is DRESTEVE2000?

I got disconnected. Seems this is more than a hotmail problem. I'm getting my hotmail on a pc.