Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

Got a new computer with Windows 7 ad now my Iphone wont s

Got a new computer with Windows 7 ad now my Iphone won't sync.
Hi and welcome to

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Have you add the music back into iTunes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I transfered my music library to Itunes on te new computer. When I try to sync my Iphone to the library, it says preparing to sync and than finished in about 2 seconds. I have bought new music and cannot get it to my phone. I think Microsoft Windows 7 and the Apple platform are not communicating. I might need some software to make that happen.

I've updated my Iphone to 5.0.1 and when I did that I lost all my music on the phone. Please help.

Thanks for your info.

When you upgraded to 5.0.1, your itunes should already back up your iphone. Please connect your iphone and open iTunes. You will see your iphone on the left hand side under Devices. RIGHT CLICK on iphone and select Restore from backup. Choose the latest date available and click Restore.

After restore, check to see if you get your data back. And please let me know if you still have syncing issue after the restore.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I restored from back up and it still won't sync.
Question: so ONLY music won't sync?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Music is all I have on I-Tunes so yes. I'm sure if I boughta video on I-Tunes it would not sync either.

Connect your iphone to computer. open iTunes and select your iphone on the left side under Devices. On the right, go to Music. Is the box checked for sync the entire library?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have an option for sync entire library. I have"open I tunes when phone is conected" "sync over WiFi", "Sync only checked songs" (they are all checked), "convert songs to 128 kbps AAC", and "manually manage music and video".

I checked "manually manage music" and it said that it would sync all songs to the phone that is connected. I hit sync and the bar up top is showing each song syncing. However the phone does not say "sync in progress" as it normally would but it does show a small circular arrow turning on top. It's about half way through the sync. I'll let you know what happens in about 10 minutes. Fingers are crossed.

Please let me know. The tabs with those options is called "Summary" You should look on the right of that tab and will see Music tab.