Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Experience:  worked as a Tech support Associate for Apple products
51110040

Ive been transferring music from iTunes to my iphone. I haventdone

Customer Question

I've been transferring music from iTunes to my iphone.
I haven'tdone sofor about a year I think. Since then we've moved house & I now have a different email address.
I now find that my itunes doesn't contain some files that are on my ipod.I have tried connecting the ipod with my computer but the ipod was linked to my old email address & I can't get the two to interact.Iam frightened of deleting the files on my ipod. How can I transfer them without deleting them?I've clicked on "transfer purchases from Patti's ipod"
But daren't goahead in case ilose files that I have no ther copies of. Can I restore them should they be deleted?
Many thanks
Patti
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 5 years ago.
Hello Patti,

You can click on "transfer purchases from Patti's ipod". This will transfer all the purchases from the iphone back to the computer.

But if you want to transfer the purchases made from an old email address, you need that old apple id and the password to authorize the computer.

Open itunes, click on Store menu at the top (where it shows File, Edit, View, Controls, etc). Click on store > authorize computer. Use your old email address and the password to authorize. If you don't remember the password for the old apple id, try resetting it from here

http://iforgot.apple.com

Try to reset the password by selecting the option "answer security questions".

Now try to transfer the purchases. If that too does not work, let me know.

Thank You
Vinod
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANKS, BUT MOST OF THE DELETED FILES WERE CDS THAT i HAD COPIED INTO IPHONES & NOW i DON'T HAVE THE CDS ANY MORE
Ok.

Unfortunately, there is no direct way to transfer the non purchases back to the computer. We will have to depend on third party softwares.

Some of the third party softwares that might help are

http://www.imtoo.com/iphone-transfer.html

http://www.wideanglesoftware.com/touchcopy/index.php

Don't buy these softwares. Just try with the free trial version
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I've nowgot a password for my old emailaccount. The box "manually manage......" is ticked but when I try & untick the box I get a warning massage that all existingmusic will be deleted from the ipodand replaced with my itues library. That is what idoNOT want.

PLeasetell mehow to doit so that the copies of the old CDs onthe ipod will be saved

It is better to manually manage the iphone. If it is manually managed, you can use your iphone with any number of computer.

To add any songs to your iphone, you will have to drag and drop the songs on to the top of the iphone name listed below "devices", but don't try to click on sync
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am trying tocopy old files from my IPOD on tomy computer & I don't want to find they have been deleted from my ipod
Don't try autosync before you have transferred all the songs from the ipod to your computer.

If they are not transferred to the computer, let it be set to "manually manage music and videos". To add any songs/videos to the ipod, just drag and drop the songs from the library on to the top of the ipod name listed below "devices".
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I get them back if hey are deleted from the ipod? These are the only copies I have?
Have you copied all the songs back to the computer - both the purchases and the non purchases?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not a lot of help,I've had to buy imtoo and am still struggling with it all this time later
Sorry to hear that...:(

Unfortunately, Apple does not allow the non purchases to be synced back to the computer. We can do that only with the help of third party softwares

What is the difficulty you are facing with it?