Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

When I hit the Safari button I connect with "idiots delight"

When I hit the Safari button I connect with "idiots delight" freecell. It happened a couple of days ago when I switched emails and made MSN my home page rather than AOL. Now it's a freecell game that's my homepage.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Reset Safari settings: (Note: This will also reset your homepage and clear sites recently visited. First please bookmark this page. click Bookmarks on Safari browser->add to bookmarks.

Open Safari. Click on Safari (next to Apple logo on top left corner) and select Reset Safari.
Click on Safari on the top left again, select “Empty cache”.
Exit Safari and reopen Safari. click Safari on the left corner and select Preferences. Change your homepage. Close Safari again. and reopen it to test.

IMPORTANT: PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE VISITS AND REFERENCE. Windows: Ctrl + D to save to favorites. Mac: click Bookmarks->add to bookmarks.

Please click ACCEPT my answer if it is helpful so I can get credit for this answer.

Thanks and have a great day!

Feel free to ask me any questions
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't know how to bookmark this page.
Are you on Safari viewing this page? If yes, click on the Safari window. On top left you will see Apple logo. Next to it is Safari. Now look to the right you will see Bookmarks. click on Bookmarks and select add to bookmarks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did bookmark the page. And I believe I followed your directions. MSN.com is the noted homepage (it was that already). I closed Safari and hit the Safari button to reopen and test, and "Just Answer" came up.
Please close Safari and reopen it again. If it is still JustAnswer as your home page, please go back to Safari->Preferences and see if MSN is still there as your home page.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did, and it still is "JustAnswer" comes up. According to the Preferences page, "MSN.com" is the home page. It is pretty much the same as before, but the freecell game is replaced by "JustAnswer"

Maybe I don't know how to quit Safari.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I've rechecked several times . . . only once did I see JustAnser indicated on the preferences list. I'll try it again.
Please click on Safari->Preferences->General. Enter www.msn.com as your home page. Check New windows open with and New tabs open with. Make sure they are select Homepage instead of Topsites or other.
After those changes, quit Safari by select Safari and select Quit Safari. Then reopen it again.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There were a lot of options checked when I first opened reset Safari. I eliminated all but the empty cache.

Whenever I go to close what's on the screen (with the red dot) a warning appears indicating there are 26 tabs open. I've noticed things take longer, as though too much is open at the same time.

Still my preference states MSN.com, but JustAnswer keeps reappearing on the screen when I try to open Safari.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Why are 26 tabs opening when I open Safari?
Please click Apple logo and select Force Quit. Then select Safari on the list and click Force Quit. Then reopen Safari and see if there will be 26 tabs.
If when you open Safari and still see JustAnswer open, it because Safari always open the last opened site. You can click History and select Home. It should open your MSN site.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for hanging in with me.

I did go to history, clicked on home, and MSN did come up. Then I closed it . . . still 26 tabs are open. I clicked on the Safari icon and JustAnswer came up again.

Should I do something besides "empty cache" when I reset Safari.

I'm troubled about the 26 tabs being opened.

Exit Safari and reopen Safari. go to Preferences. Change your homepage to MSN.com if it resets. Make sure New windows open with and New tabs open with select Homepage. If not please click on the menu and select Homepage.

Then close Safari again. and reopen it to test.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe you have solved the problem. All seems okay now.

It was the "new windows open with" and the "new tabs open with" that worked.

Thank you for your help.
That's great!

You are welcomed.

Have a great day!