Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am using Thunderbird as my primary email and Apple Mail as

Customer Question

I am using Thunderbird as my primary email and Apple Mail as secondary. Lately, when there is a graphic attached to an incoming email or if I try to send a graphic outgoing it takes an inordinate amount of time . . . sometimes outgoing has to be deleted as it just won't go but does not indicate why. Is there any setting that I can change to allow transmission of graphic.?

I am using Mac OSX 1 Version 10.7.3
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
How big is the graphic? File size?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This morning I was trying to send a file that was 1.8 MB. But size doesn't seem to have a lot to do with it because sometimes I receive solicitations via catalogs with no problem. It seems like it's more problematic when I try to forward a file (but also sometimes receiving). I would say that it's random.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
First I want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

then restart and hold the Option key until you see your boot drives, then choose the Recovery HD, when it boots select the Disk Utility and Continue. Then select Macintosh HD on the left and first Verify Disk if that is OK Repair Permissions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Processor 3.1. GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
OK Disk Utility ?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Still need help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry it took so long to get back to this problem. I've been using the Apple email program to navigate around the issue. Decided to try Thunderbird again this morning, however after using Disk Utility the problem still exists. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Solicitations are usually HTML emails and the actual graphics are not sent in the email they are linked from another server, like a webpage. It really depends on the recipient for instance free yahoo users are very limited in the size they can receive and it will bounce back.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How come the same email that will not forward from Thunderbird goes out immediately from Apple Mail?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Are you sending through the same SMTP server and account?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Check that the SMTP settings are "exactly" the same look at port numbres and SSL.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Try changing TB/Preferences / Composition / General / Forward Messages / As Attachment instead of Inline.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Did you try that?