Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

In July of 2011 the customer gave me a Indesign 5 file. I exported

Customer Question

In July of 2011 the customer gave me a Indesign 5 file. I exported the pages as EPSs files and ripped them. Everything worked great. NOW they have took that same file and made some changes. When I rip the EPS files now the color does not match. I even made PDFs out of Indesign 5 and the color is different. I can not find what has changed in their Indesign 5 file. Could it be an extension they have added or deleted. It is not my ripping program, nothing their has changed.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome to justanswer. I am Jins here to assist you. I think the color mode may changing when you exporting and that is why you are facing color problems. For example if the color mode changed from RGB to CMYK when exporting; colors of the resultant file may vary.

Try these steps.

1. Choose File > Export.
  2. Specify a location and a filename. Be sure to include the EPS extension.
  3. For Save As Type (Windows) or Format (Mac OS), choose EPS, and click Save.
  4. Under Pages in the Export EPS dialog box, do one of the following:
    • Select All Pages to export all pages in the document.

• Select Ranges and type a page range. You can type a range using a hyphen, and separate pages or ranges using commas.

• Select Spreads to export facing pages as a single EPS file (one spread per EPS).

5. Set additional options. Make sure the color setting is set as Leave Unchanged

It leaves each image in its original color space. For example, if the document contains three RGB images and four CMYK images, the resulting EPS file will contain the same RGB and CMYK images.

6. Under Bleed, type a value between 0p0 and 36p0 to specify extra space for graphics that are positioned beyond the edge of the page or trim area.
  7. Click Export.

Check the exported file and reply me.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Already did this. I always use "Leave Unchanged". Could their be a plugin or some kind of bug. They created the file on a PC I am opening on a IMac. The color is really off, not just a little. Cyan is WAY off.
Okay, is this problem occurs on another formats also? For example if you are exporting to TIFF is the issue there? Can you please try prin to pdf and check weather problem is on that pdf file also?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess i will accept your answer BUT the problem was way more complicated than an Indesign question. I had not changed any exporting features from Indesign but for some reason our ripping station was ripping the files different. I changed some features in at the ripping station, features that had been set the same way for years, and finally got the pages to look the same way as they had in July of 2011.
Okay happy to hear the problem resolved. Always remember justanswer, when you need any assistance again. You need to click on the accept button to pay me. When you click on accept, then only I willl get paid for my time and efforts.

Regards
Jins