Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Helloi have a macpro and an error 4sns/1/40000001:vmbs i

Customer Question

Hello
i have a macpro and an error 4sns/1/40000001:vmbs i don't see anymore the desktop. what can i do with this error ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

JACUSTOMER-he9g4dd4- :

hi

BeBoo :

There is no published information on what this error is but looking at some previous cases with the same issue, points to the logic board or graphics card failing. I would suggest making an appointment with the local Apple Store Genius Bar and giving them that code. They will likely run a hardware test for 24 hrs and give you the results (likely a new logic board).

JACUSTOMER-he9g4dd4- :

I already know that

BeBoo :

If it is under warranty, they will replace it, if not, it will cost you about $850.

JACUSTOMER-he9g4dd4- :

i know that

JACUSTOMER-he9g4dd4- :

but I was looking for any advise that can test my computer

JACUSTOMER-he9g4dd4- :

Of course i could take it to any mac store and ak them to give me the diagnostic

BeBoo :

The built-in diagnostics test is the best that is available to the end user (Apple doesn't give out their elite tools, sadly).

BeBoo :

If the Logic Board is failing, it could also produce bad results. It could say that the RAM is bad when it may in fact be the slots where the RAM sits. It's a tough call but in all honesty, no amount of testing would be able to compare to what Apple can run.