Brandon M.
Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm
12024030

Does it cost about $150 to get Hi Res on a Apple MacBook Pro

Does it cost about $150 to get Hi Res on a Apple MacBook Pro MC371LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop (OLD VERSION) or similar? Where can I find used Graphic Arts software (e.g. PhotoShop, Adobe Acrobat, Windows 7 and Parallels)?

Thanks
MJ
Category: Mac
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 2 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

I don't fully understand the first question - Can you explain a little more? Are you asking what the price difference would be between that model and the one with the hi-res screen (or without)?

BeBoo :

As for the second question, your best bet would either be Amazon, eBay or Craigslist. I would check Amazon first before getting into eBay and Craigslist.

Customer:

No, I was wondering if you can buy the High Resolution to add to an existing Apple Macbook Pro that didn't have it. I am specifically looking at this model with an i5 or i7 processor, and 2.4GHz speed or more. My ideal is to get the fastest-running computer (I will be adding an extra 4GB of RAM if it doesn't already have 8GB--that I can do). I don't really care if it has the Lion or the Snow Leopard operating system, either. I really don't like glare when I am working with photos/graphics. Thank you.

Customer:

I am looking at several laptops on eBay and Amazon and I am trying to see whether it would be feasible to add certain features if these models don't happen to have everything that I want in that unit. I am asking for a lot, and I don't want to pay over $1,350.00 shipped for one.

Customer:

In case you didn't get this:

Customer:

I guess you already. I'll just wait patiently. No hurry.

BeBoo :

Sorry for the delay. I didn't see your response until now.

BeBoo :

So you are looking at this model but want the Hi-Res (matte) display, correct?

Customer:

Yep.

BeBoo :

Ok, so the display upgrade is only available if you purchase the laptop directly from Apple. They actually do not sell those models (with the upgraded screen) in retail. If you are looking for that cheaper, your best bet would be eBay or Craigslist

BeBoo :

That display cannot be added on after the purchase (you can't buy the laptop from Amazon and then swap the display).

Customer:

Thank you. I am so glad that I asked.

Brandon M., Mac Support Specialist
Experience: 10+ Years Mac Support as contractor and currently an IT Manager for law firm