jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Can you help me upload a video from my video camera to my

Customer Question

Can you help me upload a video from my video camera to my Mac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  jstinehelfer replied 2 years ago.

jstinehelfer :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an expert with JustAnswer.com. Thank you so much for using our services. I do believe I can help you with your problem today. Please do not click the Accept button until you are satisfied with my help.

jstinehelfer :

What kind of camera is this?

Customer:

It's a Sony AVCHD Handy Cam

jstinehelfer :

Let me look up some information please

jstinehelfer :

I am not finding very good information here so lets try a few things.

jstinehelfer :

When the Icon pops up on the desktop when you click on it do you see folders inside?

jstinehelfer :

I did find this information on how to import all your video's

jstinehelfer :

1. Turn on the computer.

2. Make sure the camcorder is turned off.

3. Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.

4. Plug the AC power adapter into an electrical wall outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.

5. Open the LCD screen on the camcorder.

6. Turn on the camcorder.

7. Touch the Hard Disk USB SELECT [FIG.1] icon on the camcorder LCD screen.

NOTE: After the computer recognizes the connection, it will list the camcorder hard drive as NO NAME on the computer desktop.

8. Start the iMovie application.

NOTE: The message Camera detected - scanning contents will appear.

9. Click File then click Import from Camera ...

10. In the Import From: NO NAME window, click to select the clips you want to import from the camcorder.

NOTE: All unimported clips will be selected when the window opens. If you only want to import a few clips, click the Uncheck All button, then click the checkboxes of the individual clips you want to import.

11. Click Import Checked .

12. In the window that opens, click to select the location you want to save the movies files to, the Event in iMovie and the format .

13. In the Import Complete window, click OK .

The movie clip is now saved on the computer hard drive and can be edited using the iMovie application. You can export the clip to a variety of formats using the options under the Share menu in the iMovie application.

More information about using iMovie is available in the software help files and at the Apple Web site at http://www.apple.com/support/imovie/.

Customer:

Okay . I most of that but not all. I'll try everything you said. Thank you

jstinehelfer :

your welcome

Customer:

Is there anyway I can try it while you are online?

jstinehelfer :

yes i will wait here

Customer:

On the LCD Screen it says USB Connect, then anotyher USB connect, then Disc Burn , Then Download Music

jstinehelfer :

did you open up Imovie and see what it detects?

Customer:

I selected the first one and the "no name" came up. Hold on please

jstinehelfer :

Ok

Customer:

This is where I get stumped. The window opens with some files in it, but not the movie I just did. I know its there somewhere, because i can watch it on the camera.

jstinehelfer :

once you do this have you opened IMovie and see what it see's

jstinehelfer :

1. Start the iMovie application.

2. Click File then click Import from Camera ...

3. In the Import From: NO NAME window, click to select the clips you want to import from the camcorder.

Customer:

I have it opened. I don't see Import from camera. and I don't see the movie I want to import

jstinehelfer :

With I movie opened click on the File menu up top. Then select Import from Camera

jstinehelfer :

In the Import: NO NAME window click to select the clips you want. Is it showing up there?

Customer:

I think I got it. I can take it from here. Thank you. The whole problem was my not going to the File drop down. Thank you. I will accept.

jstinehelfer, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: A+ Comptia Certified computer repair