Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support

how do i restore my mac to an earlier date (two days ago)! i

Customer Question

how do i restore my mac to an earlier date (two days ago)!

i am not computer literate and i believe i messed up.

Category: Mac
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 4 years ago.
Hello there! So macs dont have a restore program persay. They do have time machine which makes different copies of different versions of files. What you can do ( and still keep your files) is do a reinstall of the OSX system using the gray disks that came with your mac. This will keep intact all your files and still fix whatever issue your having. To start this procedure insert the OSX disk in your mac and shut it down. Then hold the c key and turn on your mac. Do not let go of the C key till you see the apple icon and spinning gear. Once you see that follow the onscreen instructions. After the installation check to make sure everything works.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
gray discs lost in moving....what now
We have to options one is buying another copy of the osx ( about 30 bucks) or borrowing one from a friend. ITs very important that we have those disks not even those genuises at apple can fix a mac without it :).
Were you able to get your issue resolved? If yes please accept my answer if not please post here again so I can continue to help.