David Kirk
David Kirk, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  4+ yrs personal use experience, 2+ yrs Mac technical support experience, 13+ yrs desktop experience.
32665769

My cd was just uploaded to iTunes via cdbaby.com but one of

My cd was just uploaded to iTunes via cdbaby.com but one of the songs is actually wrong (only 28 seconds were uploaded). How do I get it taken down so people don't buy the wrong version?

David Kirk :

Welcome to Just Answer.

David Kirk :

It looks like it takes 2 days to get to iTunes and you have to approve or finalize it before it does:
"Once your content is approved by our distribution team and finalized by you, we deliver your music to iTunes within 2 business days."

David Kirk :

Did you just upload it today?

Customer:

No, I uploaded it on Thursday

Customer:

I emailed them to ask if there were any problems with the files, but they never answered

David Kirk :

Did they give you an iTunes store account to manage your music?

Customer:

Is the only option to wait for them, or is there a way to get it removed from iTunes on my own?

Customer:

As far as I can tell, it's all managed through cdbaby

Customer:

And they don't have 24 hour service so I can't get in touch with them via phone right now

David Kirk :

Yes, unfortunately, if they didn't give you any kind of login for iTunes, you're stuck waiting for them.

Customer:

Ok

Customer:

Thanks for trying

David Kirk :

No problem. Chances are, there won't be a ton of people downloading it right away, if you aren't promoting it.