Frederick S., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Worked with Mac OS X for two years as a support technician.

i need to track my iphone, but it is dead, so i cant track

i need to track my iphone, but it is dead, so i cant track it from icloud. i also cant download tracking software since i dont have my phone with me. is there anyway to track, in these circumstances?

Unfortunately, I have pretty much no good news for you here.

Is the phone 'dead'? That's a difficult question.

Most likely --

The phone was erased

Its internet access was temporarily disabled (preventing tracking)

Or it is actually dead.

Under none of these circumstances, unfortunately, can the phone be tracked. It can only be tracked:
a) with an active internet connection;
b) with GPS turned on;
c) with the account settings still in place.

Let me know should you have further questions.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
if they havent swiped it clean, and it is just lost somewhere can i look for it, and yes the phone is off.
You cannot while it's off. You can, however, periodically check to see if it's been turned on and just lost instead of stolen, but you cannot force it to wake up or track it without any power.

Thank you; please do not shoot the messenger.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
but isnt there a way to check its last location before it died?
Unfortunately, no. Apple's web site doesn't keep track of its location -- location search/tracking is only active while the iCloud page is open and you're logged in.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
so there is absolutely nothing i can do, is there somekind of hacking device that can find it without it being on, this is an extremely important phone
I don't know how much more clear I can be, unfortunately...

Hacking is not possible because -

1) It is an iPhone; and

2) It is off.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Please do not relist a question. What other questions do you have for me today?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have been told there are ways of finding your old location the last place you used it when it was on, regardless of if your phone is off now.
There aren't.

I really don't know what type of other answer you're hoping for, but it isn't possible.

You cannot hack an iPhone. It's an iPhone and has one of the best security set-ups, ever.

You cannot track an iPhone or iPad or iPod Touch through iCloud when the device isn't on.

Your request is like asking to hack a computer when it's turned off, not connected to the internet. It just is not possible. I really am sorry; I truly am.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no no what i mean is is there a place on icloud to check previous locations?

Unfortunately, that type of data would only be stored in the phone itself. There's no evidence or agreements in place to suggest that Apple logs the location history of any iOS device (iPhone, iPad, etc.) The location data is only stored within the phone itself but is not transmitted anywhere (except whenever a back-up is made, but that would obviously only be previous location data and not anything afterward).