Engineer John C., Computer Engineer & Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  I am Computer Science Engineer CompTIA A+ and Cisco certified and have 10 years of experience fixing Macs
23822421

Im unable to join wireless network on my iPhone but Im on

Customer Question

Im unable to join wireless network on my iPhone but I'm on it on my iPad?
Is there anything I can do.
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is John, a self-employed tech, and I'm offering my time in good faith today to provide advice and information.

What error do you receive when you try to join a network?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
"unable to join network"
Okay, try this and let me know if there is any improvement.

Press and hold the sleep/wake button on the top of the iPhone until you see the red slider, then slide to shut down the iPhone.

Turn the iPhone back on.

Tap Settings

Tap General

Tap Reset

Tap "Reset Network Settings"

When it's finished attempt to connect to the network.

If you have trouble with the above, do not click "Accept" yet - just reply back for further troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It asks for password which I input but still get unable to join message
...and this is the same network that you joined with the iPad?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes and for point of reference I can't join other wireless networks either although I joined another yesterday
Thanks.

What model iPhone is this exactly?

Also, what version of iOS is currently installed? (Tap Settings, General, About)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
iPhone 4
5.0.1 (9A405)
Thanks.

You're up to date on software, so that's good.

Is this an issue that happened suddenly at some point or has it always been a problem with this iPhone?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been able to join it before as recently as 2days ago
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm going out now and won't be in proximity of wi fi network
I wii be back this evening and check for answers then
Okay,

when you are able to continue working on this,you may wish to bookmark this page before continuing:
http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/6a13k-unable-join-wireless-network-iphone-i-m.html

Then, please turn your router off. Leave it off for a few minutes and then restart it.

While the router is off, repeat the previous procedure with your iPhone:

Turn the iPhone back on.

Tap Settings

Tap General

Tap Reset

Tap "Reset Network Settings"

Wait until you are sure you have your internet connection back (check that you can browse the internet with another wi-fi device) and then try joining the network again from the iPhone.

Let me know if there is any improvement.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried everything and I think we r making progress but now it just try's to join but does not connect on iPhone both my iPads are have connected
I've been unexpectedly called away from my desk. As such, I'm going to opt out and let another Expert handle this one.

Please do not reply back to this message until another Expert responds as it may delay the process.

THanks and good luck!
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you have another computer with Windows 7 or Mac OS (which one?) that can currently connect to your internet via wireless? This would help to confirm your wireless network password.

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.