CompExpert
CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience:  Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified
63903440

My iPhone 4 is disabled. how do I go about having it enabled

Customer Question

My iPhone 4 is disabled. how do I go about having it enabled again?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is Dan.
I will do my best to help you, the only stupid question is the unasked one.

How did it get this way?
Do you have access to your computer and iTunes account?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good day Dan

How did it get this way?

It went in to Zoom, so all passcode numbers could not be reached and kicked me out each time I try

Access to to iTunes account?

Yes

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok, to turn zoom off so you can get to the screen you need do the following.
Double-tapp the screen with three fingers or use three fingers and drag to the bottom of the screen.
Once it is un-zoomed you can go to Settings/General/Accessibility and set defaults. Screen tapping overrides these.
Here is the mall that should have come with the iPhone but didn't.

iPhone iOS5

Look on page 138 for more detail.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does not help.

Here's what. It reads on the screen like this:

iPhone is disabled

connect to iTunes

then

Slide for Emergency

When I slide, only the Dial pops up under the lable of Emergency call

and that is as far as I can get to

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I go about having it enabled again?

Ric
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ric, I misunderstood.
Try these, first do the recovery, if that fails then do the DFU.

Please read before doing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you been helpful? NO

Enough time spent on this, i feel like I ought to nail this thing into the ground and forget about it.

I'll try again later

Ric
Expert:  CompExpert replied 2 years ago.

- Attach the phone to the pc
- Turn the phone off
- Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home button.
- Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
- Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
- At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

after that, open itunes up, itunes will asked if you want to restore, click yes

remember restore iphone will wiped out all your data, if you back up with itunes before then itunes should restore all your apps and data

CompExpert, Mac Specialist
Experience: Apple Desktop/Laptops with 8 years exp. Apple Certified