Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My IPAD2 is not accepting my password. Is there something that

Customer Question

My IPAD2 is not accepting my password. Is there something that I need to do to get back into my ipad?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name is Ashik. I hope i can help you.

You have to restore it to factory settings. Put your iPad to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below;

• Connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked..Only click Accept after we solved the problem.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It says that my ipad is locked with a passcode, but it is not accepting the one i had.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Did you tried my suggestion ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it didn't work, so I had to take it in to the apple store. But thank you anyway.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
It should work if you put it to DFU Mode. The store must restored it by putting it to DFU Mode
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure what they did. When I did your step when plugging it in to iTunes, it wouldn't do anything because the iPad was locked. So the store had to do something to it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Well, you didn't read my suggestion. After plugging it to your iTunes, you have to put it to DFU Mode. You could send my suggestion to the store and ask them to see if it right or not.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I told them what you said, but I had to bring it in. What I'm telling you is that it did not let me get to the DFU mode. If it would have, I would have been pleased, but it didn't. So, yes, I did read your suggestion.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
It would goto DFU Mode. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. It will take time and effort to put it to DFU Mode. BTW, You don't have to pay since i couldn't solve your problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I totally understand what you're saying, but it wouldn't let me do it. Thanks for your help though.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
No Problem..and no need to reply back