Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

CH-SM

Customer Question

My I-pad stopped receiving and sending emails for some reason, internet connection is fine - help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the question. Can you please confirm that the email push settings are configured? To do this, go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then touch Fetch New Data. Make sure Push is turned on, and that the Fetch setting is set to Every 15 Minutes. At the bottom of the Fetch New Data page, go to Advanced and make sure that your email is set to Fetch.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry it;s my MAc laptop, Oops, too many devices, G
Ok, no problem. What program are you using to send/receive mail and which version of OS X are you using? You can get the version by clicking the Apple symbol and selecting About This Mac.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OS X
Can you tell me the program you use to send/receive mail and the version of OS X?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Through I-cloud, using the mail icon at the bottom of the laptop
Can you open the Mail application and right-click iCloud on the left side and then select Synchronize iCloud? What happens when you do that? Does your mail show up ok on your iPad or when you log in to www.iCloud.com and go to Mail?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am getting emails when i log into iCloud, and on my i-pad, but I can;t see where you mean right click Icloud?
Here is what I am referring to:

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Found it, it was hidden, I can;t right click on it for some reason, but to the right there is a spinning wheel like it is searching for mail (but it's been doing that for a day now), g
I see, so it seems like there is a problem then. Please perform the following:

1) Click on Preferences at the top of the Mail screen
2) Click on Accounts
3) Click on iCloud
4) Click on the - sign at the bottom of the accounts screen to delete the account. Note, the account will only be deleted from the Mail app and not actually deleted for good.
5) Click the + sign to re-add the account
6) Enter your email address and password XXXXX re-add the account
7) Attempt to check the mail again and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That didn;t work, clicking to add another account led me to another box then another box both of which have questions I don;t know the answer too and it would take me all day to type out what they are
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

So you are using Mac Mail app. You cannot receive and send? Do you get any errors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no errors,

please read above,

I have now deleted the account per Ted's suggestion

g
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
what email are you using? Gmail yahoo hotmail or other?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
none of them,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Please give me again anything after @. For instance,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX, please type gmail.com.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

My website host is: www.webhero.com

I got the email address from them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don;t know why it is coming out as XXXX?

gary

@

rightpathadventures.com
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Gary,

Thanks for your info.

Did you create another account yet? if not, please go to Mail->Preferences.

Here you will see Accounts. click the + at the bottom left and follow the screen.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It led me to a box that is asking me the fill in a box asking me what my incoming mail server is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So what do I write there? For "Incoming Mail Server?"
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
  1. Incoming Mail Server: pop3.webhero.com port 110 (default)
  2. Username: Your full email address
  3. Password: Your email password
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Outgoing server is smtp.webhero.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
that did not work
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
what error did you get? and what is your Internet Servier Provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks but I'm just going to go to the apple store
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
No problem. Please let me know how it goes.