David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I have a i pod touch and now also a i phone 4gs. I sometimes

Customer Question

I have a i pod touch and now also a i phone 4gs. I sometimes get a message on the i pod and my phone. (I have a roadrunner account). Ths message is, Cannot get mail roadrunner account is being used on another device. This may be a duplicate message.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi my name is David.

Is this the same error that you see?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2621

Let me know and we can work to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David.

Did the closing the account several times. Did not change anything. Is there a chance you could call me? We could set up a time. I think it would be easier for me be discuss this issue on the phone.

Thanks.

Werner.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David. Did you get my reply??

Werner.

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi Werner,

Sorry for the delay in my reply. I won't be able to talk on the phone I'm afraid, I can just correspond on this thread.

You should try the full combination of the three steps in that article, plus you should test it four an hour or two, and some test emails.

The trick with this type of mail account is to access it from one device at one time. This would not be happening with a GMail account or an iCloud account.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
David.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David.

What do you mean the full combination of the three steps in that article. I have the i pod turned off, still does not make a difference. If I go to g-mail will that effect any of my router settings or anything here at home? Also I have a Rhapsody muisc account. How do I download this music into my i tunes? Thanks.

Werner.

Expert:  David replied 4 years ago.
Hi Werner,

The three steps are listed in three bullet points toward the middle of the article.

Changing to a GMail account doesn't affect anything other than sending and receiving email. You would be sending from a different address and would receive email to a different address. As long as you keep your address book up to date and notify senders, and update any email subscriptions, you will have no other problems. Most people will have a mixture of email addresses anyway.

Rhapsody uses DRM technology in their music files called Helix which restricts the tracks use to the Rhapsody Music Software. It is a competitor to iTunes so it uses Helix to restrict the tracks to the Rhapsody Music Software.

There is some more information on it here:
http://rhapsody.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/258/kw/wma/r_id/166

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
David.