Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have a MacBook Pro and recently I received a viral email

I have a MacBook Pro and recently I received a viral email and now I cannot view a lot of movies or jokes. Can you please tell me how to correct this
Many thanks,
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
there are really no viruses for Mac what was the email about?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I didn't read it but the heading was "pictures"
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
I doubt that is what the problem is:

First I need some information and I also want you to check some things that may or may not be affecting the situation :

Please go to the Apple logo on the upper left of the screen, go to About This Mac (DO NOT Select More Info), and tell me the Version (under Mac OS X), the Processor and the Memory, it is all right there.

Then open Macintosh HD (your hard drive on the desktop usually), then go to Applications folder inside that is another folder called Utilities inside that is an application called Disk Utility. Double click on that and when it opens you will see your hard drive (usually Macintosh HD) on the left. Highlight your hard drive and click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that is OK click on Repair Permissions on the left. If Verify Disk is not OK try to Repair. If Repair is successful then Repair Permissions if it is not successful let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have done all the above and repair permissions complete. What to do next?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
So Verify Disk was OK in green type and then you Repaired Permissions?
Are you saying movies or joke in Safari?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Verify Disk was OK in green type and then I Repaired Permissions. Yes, the movies/videos and jokes are in Safari. Some are OK but I think the risque ones are the ones that are blocked.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
So to Safari / REset Safari check all boxes and Reset
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Done the above - all boxes were checked and I pressed reset and changed the MSN to Australia then you dropped out, and I tested one of the movies and it still doesn't work. Is there anything else I can do. It is not important, just annoying that I cannot view the movie/video
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Go to Safari / Preferences turn off Extensions
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok try again if that does not work try Firefox:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still doesn't work, I have not tried Firefox. what is it and is it worth going to this extent. I can live without seeing every video that my husband or friends send me. Could it be something to do with his computer not sending it through properly?
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
It is just another web browser that many times works when Safari does not they are not all the same, as well as websites.... I use three Safari, Firefox and Google Chrome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for that. I think I will call it quits now. It is a rainy day here and with nothing else to do I thought I would try to get this sorted. You have been very helpful so go ahead and accept the deposit.
Thanks again,
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Thank you just Accept.