Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

locked-rr-kur

Customer Question

I am unable to access the store portion of itunes! I have spent several hours on the phone with apple support, with three different people. They took over my computor, via remote, and tried several things to correct this problem. None of them worked! In addition to not correcting the problem, they said that a $99.00 cleanup fee would solve the problem due to registry errors in my computor. The last person I talked to, said that he was unable to correct the problem, and said that somebody would be contacting me by phone, the next day, as it was getting late. I have not heard from any one as yet! It has been 7 days or more, that this took place! The acct.#6113261410, the case #XXXXX Please let me know what can be done about this, so I can use my Itune account. In addition to this, I think that the fee of $99.00, Shoud be credited back to my account, because it failed to correct the problem. My name isXXXXX and I can be contacted at(NNN) NNN-NNNN My email [email protected] I am not willing to put up any additional money, because I have already paid the $99.00, with no results.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What info. is needed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Your note said that the expert needed more information. I sent back a note that asked what information is needed. your reply was, You replied. Still no answer to my question as of 7:38 pm. Please let me know if anything can be done!

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Can you please elaborate what is wrong with iTunes? The store won't load? is it on your computer or iphone/ipod/ipad?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I click on my itunes icon, it appears to open up the site. It will let me listen to my own music, and it will slowly load account information, but when I click to access the store to shop for new music, it seems to freeze up, the access loading process seems won't finishloading. This happens on my computer. As I stated, three people on apple support, tried to fix it, but could not!
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much for your info. Is your system Mac or Windows? If Windows, is it XP, Vista or 7?
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience: Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is Vista! I have told this samething to afew people already! Please let me know if this is a fixable problem. These answers, I keep accepting, are not answers, but are questions!
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. Please try this and let me know if it will work:

Close your iTunes.
Start --> Programs --> Accessories (Right Click on Command Prompt) --> Run as Administrator
then type in:
netsh winsock reset
Press Enter. Click “cancel” do not restart yet. Open Itunes and see if it works.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How do you run this as Admin.?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
or you can do this

Click START. Type cmd in the search field. You will see cmd.exe on the result. RIGHT CLICK that cmd.exe and select Run as administrator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did as you said! 1 says search all, and it comes back as no matches found. 2 search internet, go to web sights to show what cmd means etc. is there something I doing wrong?
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
How about this. Open My Computer / Computer. open C drive. go to Windows folder. then go to system32 folder.

Find cmd.exe here. RIGHT CLICK on cmd.exe and select Run as administrator.

Then type in:

netsh winsock reset

then press Enter. Do not restart here. click Cancel and open iTUnes and check iTunes store.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did as you said! It worked! When I went into itunes, it seem to finish loading , on the status bar, and the store window opened up! Thank you very much! I'll let you know if I have any other problems!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Great!

I am glad that I could help and it worked for you.

Please leave me a feedback if you have time.

Thanks and have a great day!