Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.
63271161

RA - 330

Customer Question

ipad new @ xmas. was entering a Contact revision and all contact entries disappeared.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

NickMacIT :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Please try to reset your ipad. Hold the power (on/off) button on top side and home button at the SAME time for 12 seconds. Ignore the Turn off message. Wait until you see the white apple logo.

NickMacIT :

Then check your Contacts again.

NickMacIT :

IMPORTANT: PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE VISITS AND REFERENCE.

Please click ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for this answer.

Thanks and have a great day!

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Customer :

where is the "home" button located?

NickMacIT :

it's the round button with white square

NickMacIT :

the button you press to exit an app

Customer :

There is no round button w/ white sq. on the case. Would this be appearing on the screen, and if so, how is it pulled up?

NickMacIT :

your ipad has the circle button with a white square.

NickMacIT :

it's on the bottom if you hold it vertically

NickMacIT :

the only button there

NickMacIT :

what do you press when you want to exit an app?

Customer :

WSorry I was looking on the case. Pressed and held the power and the home at the same time for 12 sec. The "apple" came and went. Turned the power on again, pulled-up Contacts ..."no contents"

NickMacIT :

You can please resync your ipad to iTunes?

Customer :

Means nothing to me. (sorry)

NickMacIT :

How did you get those contacts? setup with your email and synced them from Email?

Customer :

I manually entered contacts from a book. I did see just before this event a list that I believe included contacts from my PC

NickMacIT :

So you did connect this pad to your PC?

NickMacIT :

can you please connect it to your PC again?

NickMacIT :

Here is the link for reference:

Syncing with iTunes

Customer :

I have not connected the ipad to my PC except by wireless. ( I don't know what "synced" means.0

Customer :

and I haven't downloaded any itunes (yet)

Customer :

Are you still there? You haven't given up have you?

Customer :

My wife has started the syncing process ( the horse has already left the barn, hasn't it?)

Customer :

I am about out of time. In five min. I will assume that I will have to enter it all again.

Customer :

goodbye

NickMacIT :

Hi

NickMacIT :

sorry I got disconnected.

NickMacIT :

so your wife synced to the computer?

Customer : So I'm starting over on my contacts.
Customer : So I am starting over. Maybe I'll try to learn a little more about what I am doing.
Customer : Thanks for the try. I'm starting over on my contacts.
Customer : Goodby
Customer : Please return my deposit.