Nick H.
Nick H., Mac Specialist
Experience:  Macbook, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Pro G5.

hello, my ex has a gps on my phone how do i uncover and prove

Customer Question

hello, my ex has a gps on my phone
how do i uncover and prove it
Category: Mac
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.

NickMacIT :

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is Nick and I will assist you with your issues.

You can go to Maps app and click on the arrow to show location. Or you can go to Settings and look for Location Services.

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

hi

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

on my lap ttop or phone

NickMacIT :

on your iphone

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

ok im in location setting

NickMacIT :

what iphone is it?

NickMacIT :

you can just go to maps

NickMacIT :

do you have network or wifi?

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

its iPhone 3.2

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

yes i have wifi

NickMacIT :

so click Maps

NickMacIT :

do you see the arrow at the bottom?

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

ok

NickMacIT :

click on it, it should show where you are

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

yes i see arrow

NickMacIT :

that is how you can show if the phone has gps or not

NickMacIT :

or if you have 3g network

NickMacIT :

use maps and drive

NickMacIT :

it should show the motion

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

yes now how do i find who has me on monitored

NickMacIT :

what do you mean?

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

my ex-husband has a tracer on my gps he

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

he locates me all over

NickMacIT :

you can go to settings

NickMacIT :

do you see locaiton services?

NickMacIT :

location services

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

and shut off location yes but how can trace it back to him

NickMacIT :

what do you mean trace back?

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

how do i prove his phone is monitoring mine

NickMacIT :

usually people can use app or software to track for phone number

NickMacIT :

you cannot really trace

NickMacIT :

It's out of my support

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

the downloads, damn- i guess i need a new phone

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

ty so much

NickMacIT :

No problem

JACUSTOMER-wgz24k1i- :

bye

NickMacIT :

But with location services off, they cannot really track you

NickMacIT :

bye

NickMacIT :

Thanks and have a great day!

NickMacIT :

Please click accept my answer

NickMacIT :

Bye

NickMacIT :

IMPORTANT: PLEASE BOOKMARK THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE VISITS AND REFERENCE.

Please click ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for this answer.

Thanks and have a great day!

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.