Danh, Systems Administrator
Experience:  9 Years in System Administration

I switched iPhone4 sim cards with my co worker to troubleshoot his phone (no send/ receive

I switched iPhone4 sim cards with my co worker to troubleshoot his phone (no send/ receive calls or texts) and when we switched back, my phone won't send/ receive calls/ texts. Did my sim card get damaged in his
Is it just sms/texting that doesn't work or do you get no call or data either?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No text, I can't send or receive calls.

Sounds like something is out of whack or the sim is damaged. Let's do the following:

Settings> General> Reset and choose reset network settings.

Give it a few minutes to redetect everything...then try to make a call.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it possible he didn't give my sim back to me? is my phone number stored on the sim?
that's always a possibility. If he has your sim in his phone, he would know because he would be getting your calls and texts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I go to Settings>Phone>My Number it shows my phone number. Does that mean I do have my own sim back?

Yes..that's probably your did you try resetting the network settings?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did try resetting. No change. Now when he handed my phone back I got two texts that were meant for him. What does that mean?

that means you have his sim. If you got texts that were meant for him on your phone, then you do have his sim. If you have his sim and he cancelled his service, then that would explain why you can't do anything with it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help! I had stepped away to do some paperwork and didn't see which sim he put back. What a weasel.
hehe...Good luck getting back with him. Please click ACCEPT if you are satisfied with my answer.