Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I am attempting to view an email of my time machine backup

I am attempting to view an email of my time machine backup and receive the message, "The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occurred (error code - 10657)

What can I do?
Can you clarify? An "email" of your backup?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am attempting to retrieve an old email from my time machine.

Please understand I am somewhat computer illiterate. I click on time machine icon, go to backups, go to "my mac", go to applications, go to mail and get the error message
Apple Mail works with Time Machine so basically open Mail go to the folder the email should be in and go back until you see it, then select it and Restore.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Mike. I sometimes feel like a dummy...........well worth it to get your help however.
No problem. Thanks.