Cris, Mac Specialist
Experience:  4 years Mac Specialist, Apple Certified.

How do I get a parental control on the ipad?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for contacting I am Cris and will assist you with your question.

How to set iPad parental controls:
1. From the iPad’s home screen, select the “Settings” icon.

2. Touch the “General” option from the left side of the settings screen.

3. Locate the “Restrictions” setting option within General and set to “On”.

Choose a 4 digit pass code to lock the iPad parental control settings. Ideally, this should be a number that’s easy for you to remember but not so obvious that older kids will be able to figure it out in a few guesses. Unfortunately, if a pass code is forgotten retrieval may mean having to re-configure your whole iPad.

5. After choosing a passcode, you will be given access to the “Restrictions” page. Set each section of restrictions, such as “YouTube,” “Safari,” “iTunes,” and the like to meet the limitations that you feel are appropriate for your children. These items may be disabled completely, or limited based on the ratings of material.

6. Select “Apps” in the “Allowed Content” section of the Restrictions page and select the ratings of apps that you consider appropriate for download. You may also choose to disable and in-app purchases completely by selecting “Don’t Allow Apps” to avoid unexpected iTunes bills.

7. Once your iPad parental control settings are complete, press the home button to return to the main screen. Settings can be changed at any time by accessing “Restrictions” via the “Settings” menu and entering your passcode.
Expert:  Cris replied 4 years ago.
How did you make out?